Sunday, August 4, 2024

Introducing Etch!

Here's a module called Etch, designed by me and coded by my friend Tyler Klein, is a lo-fi DSP module focused on bitcrush and sample-rate reduction. It's also got a deep quantizer side, which I haven't explored much, since the effects side of things interests me more. Read all about it over at Tyler's Github page!

The build guide is right here. It uses a cheap OLED screen, a screen which is difficult to mount properly, and the quality control on them is poor, so the mounting solution I came up with is quirky and weird, and works great for me, but I expect some builders to find it frustrating to deal with.

I hope you really enjoy the module! The "loop" mode (pushing the middle button) is a TON of fun, I really enjoy playing with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EasyEi8ht

                                 It's an M4TM EasyEi8ht trigger sequencer whee This was my very first Eurorack module ever. My very good...